The website www.technis.com is a website of Technis SA, a Swiss company having its registered office in Place de la Gare 10, 1003 Lausanne, Switzerland and of Technis s.a.s., a French company having its registered office at 242, boulevard Voltaire, 75011 Paris, France (hereinafter referred to as “Website”).
For the purposes of this notice, Technis Ltd and Technis s.a.s. are jointly referred to as “Data Controller” or “Technis”.
In accordance with current laws and regulations applicable in Switzerland and in the European Union, we provide you with all required information concerning the processing of users’ personal data Technis might acquire due to the navigation on the Website or use of the functionalities of the Website (such as, for instance, subscription to the newsletter, use of the links redirecting the users to external platforms – Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
Please note that this notice only applies to personal data acquired and processed due to the use of the Website and not to data Technis might acquire in consequence of pre-contractual requests potential customer might send to Technis (e.g. asking for technical information, prices, offers, etc.) or of contractual relationships with customers (e.g. sale contracts, purchase orders, etc.). A specific information notice applicable to said pre-contractual and contractual processing of personal data is provided in the Data Protection Area of the Website www.mytechnis.com.
I. General information about the Website and Cookies
Cookies are small text files that are stored onto your terminal equipment (computer or mobile device) when you visit certain websites. Cookies can be required to make the Website function properly. For example, without cookies it would be difficult to make a Website remember that you have logged in, or which products you have put in your shopping cart. These are called functional or required cookies (the Website will not work properly on your device without them).
Cookies can also be used to analyse how the Website is used, to count the number of visitors, to learn how the Website may be improved. We do not link the Website usage statistics and other reports to individual people and all information we acquire through such cookies is anonymous. These cookies are called analytics cookies.
The Website also uses social media cookies to enable integration of social media into the Website, so that you can immediately like or share a page or product on your favourite social media service (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.).
Finally, cookies can be used to enable online advertising, which may be personalized to show ads that are more relevant and interesting to you, both within and beyond the Website or other websites of Technis. This can be done by (targeted) advertising cookies.
II. Setting the cookies preferences for the Website
The Website offers you the possibility to set your preferences regarding cookies. By clicking on the Cookies Settings section [insert hyperlink] at the bottom of each page of the Website you can choose, at any time, which types of cookies you would like the Website to use (e.g. analytics, advertising, etc.). Under Cookie Settings you can also find an updated list of all cookies within each category (required, analytics, social media, targeted advertising).
Please note that using the Cookie Settings on our Website may not result in the deletion of any cookies that have already been set. You can do that via the settings of your web browser (Google Chrome, Explorer, Firefox, etc) as described below, after you have changed your Cookie Settings on our Website.
If you are visiting a Technis website targeted at visitors outside of Switzerland or of the EU, you may use the settings of your web browser to make choices about cookies and privacy.
The Website currently does not make use of a technical solution that would enable the Website to respond to your browser’s ‘Do Not Track’ signals. Besides using the Cookie Settings section on the Website (see paragraphs above), you may manage your cookie settings in your browser settings at any time.
Please be aware that if you simply disable all cookies or all cookies coming from the Website in your browser settings, you may find that certain sections or features of the Website will not work at all or in a correct way, because your browser may prevent us from setting functionally required cookies. Therefore, it is recommended to use the Cookie Settings the Website instead of disabling all cookies via your web browser.
If you decide to disable cookies in your browser, please find here some technical information on how to do that in the most used browsers:
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
Internet Explorer: https://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
III. Cookies used by the Website
The Website uses the following cookies:
these are the cookies which are required for the safe and correct functioning of the Website. Your authorization to the use of such cookies is not required and, by browsing the Website you accept the use of such cookies.
these cookies are not essential to the correct and safe functioning of the Website but allow Technis to monitor the performances of, and to improve the Website. Your consent is required for the use of such cookies.
Social media cookies:
these cookies are not essential to the correct and safe functioning of the Website but allow you to share contents of the Website or to access contents on social media platforms (such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.) more easily. Your consent is required for the use of such cookies. Please note that, if these cookies are disabled, you will not be able to use the social media functionalities of the Website. Also note that the use of the social media buttons contained in the Website entails the use of the related social media cookies. Since the use of such social media buttons will redirect to third parties’ platforms (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) whose privacy and cookie policies are not determined or under the control of Technis. For further information about the privacy and cookie policies of said third-parties’ social media platforms, please refer to:
(Targeted) Advertising cookies:
cookies can be used to enable online advertising, which may be personalized to show ads that are more relevant and interesting to you, both within and beyond the Website or other websites of Technis. Your consent is required for the use of such cookies.
IV. Information notice on the processing of personal data that might be acquired through the Website (other than cookies)
This notice is provided in accordance with Regulation (EU) 675/2016 (GDPR), the Swiss Loi fédérale sur la protection des données (LPD) of the 19 June 1992, and the Loi sur la protection des données personnelles (LPrD) du Canton de Vaud of the 11 September 2007.
This notice refers to personal data that Technis may acquire through the Website in a way other than the cookies (the specific notice on cookies in provided herein above). This is, for instance, the case of personal data the users may transmit to Technis by using the “Contact” form of the Website, or by subscribing to the “Newsletter” service provided by Technis.
The processing of the personal data of the users of the Website will, in any event, be based on the principles of fairness, lawfulness, transparency and protection of confidentiality and of the rights of the data subject, in accordance with the provisions of the LPD, the LPrD and the GDPR as well as any applicable national legislation and the prescriptions of the Swiss, Canton de Vaud and EU Member States authorities for the protection of personal data.
DATA CONTROLLER AND CONTACT INFORMATION
The joint data Controllers are Technis Ltd, a Swiss company having its registered office in Place de la Gare 10, 1003 Lausanne, Switzerland and Technis s.a.s., a French company having its registered office at 242, boulevard Voltaire, 75011 Paris, France. (hereinafter jointly referred to as “Data Controller” or “Technis”).
The Data Controller can be contacted regarding any question relating to the processing of personal data related to the use of the Website at the e-mail address: [email protected] or by registered letter addressed to:
Data Protection Office
Place de la Gare 10
The appointed Data Protection Officer is:
E-mail: jean.baptiste.biolay AT technis DOT com
The data is, or could be, disclosed to the following recipients (possibly designated as Data Processors):
- The personnel of Technis.
- Third parties which are entrusted with the maintenance and repair of the Website, to the extent that such disclosure is necessary for the performance of their activities.
- Commercial agents, retailers, distributors, etc. entrusted by the Data Controller to reply to your requests or to assist the Data Controller in the execution of contracts concluded between you and the Data Controller.
- Third parties entrusted with the delivery and/or installation of the Data Controller’s products.
- Third parties entrusted with the Data Controller’s customer care services or with customer care services of the Data Controller’s distributors or retailers.
- Third parties entrusted with technical operations required for providing the quotations, feasibility studies, measurements, etc. in relation to Data Controller’s products.
- Third parties entrusted with the newsletter service of the Data Controller, if you subscribed to such newsletter service.
- Third parties providing marketing and advertising services, provided that you have consented to the use of your personal data for such purpose.
- Other categories of subjects to whom the Data Controller must communicate personal data in order to perform the services requested by the user of the Website or in order to comply with legal obligations or at the requests of the authority.
The following third parties process data on behalf and under the control of the Data Controller as Data Processors
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED
Data collected automatically by the Website
The computer systems and computer procedures used to operate the Website collect, during their normal operation, certain personal data; the transmission of this data is an inherent characteristic of communication protocols on the Internet.
This information is not collected to be associated with identified data subjects, but could, by its very nature, by its processing and association with data held by third parties, allow users to be identified.
This category of data includes the IP addresses of the computers used by users connecting to the Website, the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) addresses of the requested resources, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, the numerical code relating to the response status of the server (success, error, etc.) and other parameters concerning the operating system and the computer environment of the user.
These data can only be used to obtain anonymous statistical information on the use of the Website and to check its correct functioning; they are erased immediately after processing. The data could be used to determine liability in the event of hypothetical computer crimes against the Website or the Data Controller: except for this possibility, user data is not currently stored for periods exceeding __ days.
For data acquired through Cookies, refer to the Cookie notice herein above.
Data provided voluntarily by the user.
The use of the Website’s online “Contact” form involves the acquisition and processing of personal data communicated by the person concerned. Also, the subscription to the “Newsletter” service involves the acquisition and processing of personal data communicated by the subscribers.
The processing of such personal data is strictly necessary to address the requests sent through the “Contact” form or to provide the newsletter service subscribed by the user.
The data acquired and processed do not include special categories of personal data (‘sensitive data’)
PURPOSES AND LAWFULNESS OF THE PROCESSING
The Personal Data are processed by the Data Controller and/or by the Data Processors appointed by the Data Controller on the following legal basis:
- the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes (e.g. the user consents to the processing of its personal data for the purpose of receiving the newsletter).
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract (e.g. for replying to your requests of information on products or other precontractual requests).
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject (e.g. issuing and keeping record of invoices).
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
MODALITIES OF THE PROCESSING
Personal data is processed by automated and non-automated means for the time strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which they were collected.
Specific security measures are observed to prevent data loss, illicit or incorrect use and unauthorized access.
It is important to remember that anything that the data subject transmits or provides online may be collected and used by third parties or illegally intercepted by third parties. No data transmission over the Internet can be considered 100% secure. The Data Controller undertakes to use reasonable means to protect the personal data of the persons concerned but cannot guarantee the total security of the information they exchange.
PERIOD FOR WHICH THE PERSONAL DATA WILL BE STORED
The user’s personal data will be kept for a period strictly necessary for the pursuit of the specific processing purposes referred above and, in particular, the personal data collected when browsing the Website through cookies will be kept for the following periods :
- Cookies: see specific information concerning each cookie in the “Cookies Settings”.
- Personal Data processed in order to perform a contract: for the entire duration of the contract or precontractual phase and thereafter until the expiration of the limitation period.
- Personal Data processed in order to address precontractual requests made by the Data Subject: for the period necessary to address such requests and for 12 months thereafter.
- Personal Data processed in order to comply with legal requirements or orders of the authorities: for the period set forth by the law or by the order of the authorities.
- Personal Data processed on the basis of the legitimate interest of the Data Controller: for as long as such legitimate interest persists, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data.
- Personal Data processed on the basis of the consent of the Data Subject: until the Data Subject revokes the consent. Please note that the revocation of the consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing made before such revocation.
RIGHTS OF DATA SUBJECTS
At any time, the Data Subjects whose personal data has been acquired by the Data Controller have the right to:
- ask the Data Controller for access to their personal data (that is to say to know if the Data Controller processes these data), to obtain their rectification or cancellation, to limit the purposes for which these data are processed or to oppose their processing, as well as the right to obtain their portability.
- when the processing is based on the consent that had been given by the Data Subject, the latter may withdraw his/her consent at any time without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent given previously.
These rights can be exercised by sending a specific request to: [email protected]
In addition, the Data Subject may also lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, and in particular:
- In Switzerland, to the Préposé fédéral à la protection des données (PFPDT) using the contact details mentioned on the site https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/fr/home/le-pfpdt/contact.html
- In the Canton of Vaud, to the Préposé du Canton de Vaud à la protection des données, Rue Saint-Martin 6, PO Box 5485, 1002 Lausanne, Switzerland, [email protected]
- To contact the authorities of the EU Member States, consult the list and contact details on the site: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_fr
MANDATORY OR FACULTATIVE NATURE OF THE PERSONAL DATA TO BE PROVIDED
For the processing of the data necessary for browsing the Website (functional cookies) as well as to fulfil the legal obligations incumbent on the Data Controller or to perform pre-contractual or contractual obligations between the Data Controller and the Data Subject, the PROVISION OF DATA IS MANDATORY and the possible refusal to provide such data may result in the total or partial impossibility for the Data Controller to provide the requested information, services or products, these data being essential for the full and proper execution of the obligations of the Data Controller or for the execution of the legal obligations incumbent on it.
For any processing carried out on the basis of consent (e.g. subscription of the newsletter service), the CONSENT is FACULTATIVE and can be revoked at any time by sending a request to the Data Controller at the address e-mail [email protected]
Please note that the revocation of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on the consent given before the revocation.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD COUNTRIES
Personal Data provided to, and processed by, the Data Controller are not transferred to third countries (i.e. outside the territories of Switzerland and of the EU).
You can consult the full version of the laws mentioned in this information notice on the following websites:
- The Swiss Federal Law on Data Protection (LPD) of June 19, 1992: https://www.admin.ch/opc/fr/classified-compilation/19920153/index.html
- Law of the Canton of Vaud relating to the protection of personal data (LPrD) of September 11, 2007: https://prestations.vd.ch/pub/blv-publication/actes/consolide/172.65?key=1543934892528&id=cf9df545-13f7-4106-a95b-9b3ab8fa8b01
- Regulation of the European Union n. 679/2016 (GDPR): https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/FR/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32016R0679